Pre/Game: CL Hawks @ Luling Eagles
Hawks (4-0) @ Eagles (2-2) Game Time: 7:30 pm September 16th History: Canyon Lake leads the series 1-0 ‘10 Canyon Lake 37 Eagles 13 This Year: Luling Eagles 22 Navarro 43 Luling Eagles 00 Gonzales 35 Luling Eagles 48 Woodsboro 00 Luling Eagles 41 Karnes City 19 Canyon Lake 14 Blanco 07 Canyon Lake 34 La Vernia 23 Canyon Lake 38 Sealy 34 Canyon Lake 52 Aus-Travis 21
The Canyon Lake Hawks will be on the road for the second time this season, as they head to Luling and attempt to continue their winning streak at five games.
That five game winning streak would be the longest in the history for the school. In fact, if the Hawks can pull off the win this Friday, they will only be two games shy from the .500 mark with an overall record of 18-20.
The Luling Eagles will be bringing a two game winning streak to the game after scoring over 40 points in both of the wins.
Billy Medford will be the player that will be all over the field this week for Luling. In last Friday’s game, Medford, rushed for 144 yards on 17 attempts. Passed nine times and completed eight of his passes. Medford also caught a pass to complete the trifecta.
The wins have been against a 2A and 1A school and the losses to 3A schools.
In the Luling wins their defense controlled the game and Medford had good rushing yards.
In the losses? The Eagles have been manhandled on both sides of the ball. Luling had over 400 yards averaged against them in the two losses.
Once again, the Hawks should be able to take care of the contest with their rushing. Zach Henshaw should have another 200 yard affair with a lot of help from his offensive lineman.
Look for the defense to control the line of scrimmage, not allowing the Eagles to ever get off the ground. (running or passing)
3A schools are suppose to beat 2A schools and that should be the case after you get in your car on your way home this Friday night.
Expect the Hawks to try and establish the passing game, trying to get the rust off the receivers hands. The District will start next after taking the next week off.
Statistics that you might not know for your Hawks?
- Eduardo Covarrubias needs 124 yards to break 1000 for his career.
- Zach Henshaw needs 62 yards to break 1000 for this season.
- In an average Henshaw game, he has a chance to beat the last two years rushing, in his fifth game.
- Henshaw has averaged 241 yards rushing in his last six games.
- Matt Magness needs 29 yards to move up to second receiving, passing Drew Riccio.
- Magness needs two receiving touchdowns to tie Eric Nelson with 13.
- Jake Robinson is perfect on extra points with 18 straight.
- There are five current players in the top ten All-Time Scoring.