Your Canyon Lake High School Athletic Booster Club
Who Are We: The Canyon Lake High School Athletic Booster Club also referred to as “CLHS ABC” is a sanctioned organization staffed with volunteers who work within the guidelines of University Interscholastic League (UIL) policies governing booster clubs, and the Comal Independent School District booster club guidelines.
What do we do: We provide support to the Canyon Lake High School athletic programs, student athletes, and coaching staff. We promote school spirit within the guidelines of University Interscholastic League (UIL) polices. We are committed to the development of well-rounded and productive student athletes who demonstrate a commitment to the pursuit of excellence. We strive to instill in these student athletes a strong work ethic; good sportsmanship; respect for self, opponents, the community; and the diversity of others. In addition, we share in the beliefs of the Canyon Lake High School community in fostering a climate of high expectations and standards in athletics, as well as academics; the involvement of family and community; and the recognition that every individual is unique and deserving of respect.
How are we funded: There are several ways that we are funded, one is through our membership fee, established annually by the Executive Board that shall accompany each application for membership and will become the property of the Booster Club. No part of a donation shall constitute a membership fee. No member shall be considered in good standing unless the membership fee for the current fiscal year (June 1st – May 31st) has been paid. Memberships may be received at any time during the year but will not be prorated. There is one class of membership in the Booster Club, the adult members of any household or business/patron who have paid a current annual membership fee. Each membership shall be entitled to a vote and to participate in Booster Club activities. Membership is by family and business. When voting occurs, a family member who is responsible for the custodial and financial support of the household (parent, step-parent, legal guardian, etc.) is eligible to cast a vote. A company representative of a business is also eligible to cast a vote on behalf of that company/business. Membership is necessary to cast a vote at a general meeting or to hold office, but non-membership does not preclude participation in any of the activities sponsored by this organization.
Another way we are funded is through donations and the sale of Hawk merchandise. The booster club sells Hawk merchandise on a regular basis as a means to raise funds to support the student athletes and coaching staff. Donations are always welcome and used in the same manner as funds from merchandise sales.
Our scholarships are funded through our annual Casino Night. The booster club is proud to announce for the first time in its history, we awarded six scholarships in the amount of $1,000.00 each to six outstanding student athletes who demonstrated excellence in the class room and participated in at least one sport and parent / guardian was a member of the booster club. The booster club voted last year to let the “Casino Night” be the source for scholarships. This is a major annual fundraiser for our student athletes and you don’t have to be present to support this event.
Our booster club meets on a quarterly basis to update you on what the organization is working on and to vote on any needed item(s). You will also receive an update directly from our coaches regarding every active sport during that quarterly meeting. You will have the opportunity to volunteer to work on one or more of our committees.
Our Report Card for 2015-2016: Scholarships:
1) Bailey Drum received $1,000.00 scholarship and played in the following sports throughout her high school years (Volley Ball, Basketball, Track & Field). She will attend Angelo State University.
2) Emma Gray received $1,000.00 scholarship and played in the following sports throughout her high school years (Basketball, Volleyball, Track & Field). She will attend Baylor University.
3) Matthew Adams received $1,000.00 scholarship and played in the following sports throughout his high school years (Football, Soccer, Track & Field). He will attend Texas A&M.
4) Calvin Graves received $1,000.00 scholarship and played in the following sport throughout his high school years (Cross Country, Track & Field). He will attend The University of Texas in Austin.
5) Kirsten Jones received $1,000.00 scholarship and played in the following sports throughout her high school years (Softball, Volleyball, Basketball). She will attend San Antonio College.
6) Robert Woods received $1,000.00 scholarship and played in the following sports throughout his high school years (Football, Basketball, Track & Field). He will attend University of Mary-Hardin Baylor.
Other Financial Support to Our Athletes and Coaches :
ü Payment for meals for athletes for several away games
ü The purchase of new gear and equipment for all sports
ü Payment for entry fees for competitions
Any questions regarding the athletic booster club, please contact any of the officers listed below, for membership, please contact Rufus Woods.
OFFICERS Michelle Weber President firstname.lastname@example.org Rufus Woods III Vice President email@example.com Christy Bryan Vice President firstname.lastname@example.org Sandy McDonough Treasurer email@example.com Jacque Mentzer Secretary Jacque.firstname.lastname@example.org COMMITTEE CHAIRPERSON Leticia Deleon Fundraiser Chair email@example.com Michelle Ruff Communication Chair firstname.lastname@example.org